Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas in Greece (7 Days before Christmas)

Tis the season to be jolly!

It's December once again and 2011 is approaching its near end. Finally, I'm done with final exams and also I'm so excited for our Christmas trip with my family. One of my favorite aspects of Christmas is the fact that we go to many shops and get something to give to our loved ones. In other words, the theme of "Sharing and Giving". Christmas shopping in Athens started this week and will continue until the end of the year. This means that starting today, the shops are open from 9am to pm during week days and from 10am to 6pm every Sunday, of course with the exception of major holidays such as Christmas (December 25), Boxing Day (December 26) and New Year.
This morning, me and my mum went to bring my sister to her Sunday classes before we roam around the shops and do our Christmas shopping. It was really fun and the atmosphere was really festive. Although winter sales in Athens officially start during the second week of January, many shops start to offer weekly discounts and sales.

Have fun!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment