Friday 25 February 2011

Quotes Series 101

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever". (Chinese Proverb)

Starting today, I will be posting and discussing quotes, proverbs etc. that relates to my life and my inner world. By this way, I will be able to understand myself better and to express my thoughts and emotions in a free way without any limitations.

       Asking questions in class is one of the most intimidating thing to do especially when you're 16 and at the same time studying at a University. Dealing with adults and experts as well, is really awkward. Whenever I'm in class and i really want to ask a particular question, my lack of confidence and timidness  quickly conquer me. My blood boils, my heartbeat quickens, suddenly I feel warm and my throat becomes dry. However, by the time I found this Chinese proverb, it started to motivate and help me build my confidence. It is one of the short but wise sentences that gives me power and courage to ask what I think are important questions to my professors. This I believe will benefit my intellectual excellence and performance inside the class. A good student is one that asks and is willing to learn. Hence, asking is learning, so why don't give it a shot? It is never bad to ask questions that interest you. You never know these questions will make professors think deeper and build a reputation inside the class. It might also be a million euro question. You will never know:P

No comments:

Post a Comment